Go Back   Mercedes World Australia: Forum for the Mercedes Benz Owner Enthusiast Mercedes-Benz Classifieds Information Bulletin Board > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W901-905 Sprinter
W901-905 Sprinter 1995-2006 Use this forum to discuss the first generation Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, Freightliner Sprinter, and Dodge Sprinter vans.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» October 2014
S M T W T F S
282930 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1
» Latest Vehicles

1993 Mercedes 500SL
Hewitt
» Latest Articles
No Threads to Display.
» Sponsors

Old 20th May 2010, 07:08 PM

Default Sprinter Start Error

Start error has come up on my 311cdi sprinter, put key in and just reads start error. Can start error be caused by a battery being dead? Spoke to Mercedes and a technician in the workshops has told me he replaced the CR and Immo box for a customer and the service manager invoiced out at $4000. Please can somebody help, i cant afford that. Scouring the UK forums as im from Manchester Uk originally, i see a lot of people are shouting about a repair, details are few and far between, but www.sprinterstarterror.com says to send keys, a silver and black box, and guarantee a repair. Does anyone or has any one used a overseas service...?

Terry
Old 21st May 2010, 02:34 AM

Default mercedes sprinter start error

sending the units to UK, if you want, i skyped some tech called dean, williamsdiesels.com is the address he gave me, he owns www.sprinterstarterror.com & www.sprinter-start-error.com. He assures me it is a guaranteed repair. Im to send keys, skreem/WSP and CDI/ECU/CR. I rang Mercedes in Queenstown today and they say to replace both parts im looking at $5000. So for $68 postage im gonna opt for back home. I will let you know in 2 weeks how its gone or not.......
Old 1st June 2010, 05:42 PM

Get this, 11 days, ecu, wsp, keys returned, plugged in and my van is WORKING..... get in there, spot on, happy as larry, deano spot on, saved me $3k goin to mercedes, didnt replace a thing. Suggest anyone who has same start error as me go to williamsdiesels.com or www.sprinterstarterror.com
Old 10th June 2010, 02:51 PM

Let me see you saved 3 grand and spent two for a key x2 Now the price for a reprogrammed key is less than 500 in OZ
300 in the States plus postage
Old 22nd June 2010, 02:46 AM

Read the post i put 1st, if you knew anything about sprinters you would know if "Start Error" comes up its a big problem, like you cant drive the motor, like you cant work if you are self employed, like nobody knows how to repair the fault.... Mercedes wanted 5k to replace everything, iv had it repaired in the UK for 2k, ECU REPAIRED, WSP REPLACED/CODED, x2 KEYS CUT AND CODED... ALL FOR $2000, work it out dopey.... Mercedes couldnt repair it, only replace ecu, wsp, keys.... Im no scientist fella, but your no bright bulb and by the sounds of you, not the sharpest knife in the drawer....
Old 3rd July 2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryandrew View Post
Read the post i put 1st, if you knew anything about sprinters you would know if "Start Error" comes up its a big problem, like you cant drive the motor, like you cant work if you are self employed, like nobody knows how to repair the fault.... Mercedes wanted 5k to replace everything, iv had it repaired in the UK for 2k, ECU REPAIRED, WSP REPLACED/CODED, x2 KEYS CUT AND CODED... ALL FOR $2000, work it out dopey.... Mercedes couldnt repair it, only replace ecu, wsp, keys.... Im no scientist fella, but your no bright bulb and by the sounds of you, not the sharpest knife in the drawer....
Member's lets review this thread in it's design of application: The said member is from the UK and is self-promoting .his own site.
Lets revisit Start error: Tin Just a key with a chip We know what a key costs.
Remote: [Flik type]; we know what a key costs, not exclusive to Mercedes.
All keys will open the Sprinters door ways, If engine does not start on turn of key; that results in a start error...Mercedes will then recode the vehicle to take the new key via star diagnostics.
Prescribed time frame, as to Mercedes Global Body builders portal Electrical time line is approx a ten minute job .
Quote:.... By the sounds of you not the sharpest knife in the drawer. We are also not fools either, as your thread indicates as to your scam.
Richard

Tags
sprinter start error